DVTA Spring Lunch and Learn Event
We are pleased to announce our 1st in-person Networking and Training Event of 2023!
The Use of Interpretation Equipment – by Everton Morais
CEUs/CEPs: 1.5-hour presentation approved for: ATA: TBD; AOPC: 1.5 CEUs TIME: REGISTRATION – 11:30 AM (EST) LUNCH – 12 PM (EST) PRESENTATION- 12 PM – 1:30 PM – The Use of Interpretation Equipment – Everton Morais NETWORKING – 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM (EST) LOCATION: SEASONS52 – 160 N. Gulph Rd, Suite 101, King of Prussia, PA 19406. ATTIRE: Business Casual MENU/BAR – Lunch & one drink included REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MARCH 26th @ 11:59 PM. REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE: Register EVENT COST: $45.00. The capacity limit is 60. We look forward to seeing you!
This 1.5h workshop explains how to properly use interpretation equipment inside and outside of the courtroom. This workshop covers:
- Radio Frequency vs. Infrared
- Receivers – different models, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Portable Transmitters: Range, dual channel, interference, different microphones and advanced settings
- Alternate use of transmitters as a feed for the interpreter
- DigiWave – Why is it better and how to set it up?
- Stationary Transmitters – uses and settings
- Interpreter Control Unit – controls on the face, side, and back of unit
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will have enough information to setup, monitor, and troubleshoot the most commonly used equipment.