I am forwarding this information on behalf of Loren Schmidt of the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants. They are looking to hire interpreters; all languages are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Interpreter. Location: Varies. Position Type: On-Call. Reports to: Director of Business Development
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), is a non-governmental, not-for-profit international organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in migration by advancing fair and humane public policy, facilitating and providing direct professional services, and promoting the full participation of migrants in community life. For over 100 years, we have shaped history with the belief that immigrants strengthen our communities, economy and social fabric through freedom, hard work, and family unity.
The Interpreter reports directly to the Business Development Director. The Interpreter is responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken statements from one language to another.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another;
• Interpreters maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality to protect clients’ privacy at all times;
• Conform to all rules and regulations of the U. S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants;
• Attend continuing education training, as recommended; and
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bilingual/multilingual ability is required; and
• Dedication to the rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and displaced persons is desired.
• Access to broadband internet, a device with video and audio capabilities, and a private location in which to take calls.
• Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
• Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
• Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants / refugees.org
Please submit a resume with a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and references with your application to the following email address with the subject line, “Interpreter Job Opportunity”: email@example.com
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.